Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Anderson Silva on Learning


Anderson Silva on his early experiences in martial arts:

When I was 8, I was already getting kicked in the face, getting beat up by the big kids. I was 8 years old but I was tall, I was a trouble maker, I would tease the big kids. I would get beat up in training, and I would cry. They would say, "He ain't coming back." And I would always be there the next day. In their face: "Do you want to beat me up? I want to see you try." Then I would get beat again, of course. I wanted to mess around with the big kids. But while the big bullies didn't want to learn, I wanted to learn. While the big kids were beating everyone without learning, I was learning. Then I became gnarlier than the big kids.

More Anderson Silva quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations